Friday, March 31, 2006

Wine Tasting

mmmm Wine.

Last night I ditched school and went with my sister (Annie) and stepsister (Julie) to Tina's to their monthly wine tasting.

Basically it's just good food and wine for a set price. This month's theme was South America (Argentina/Chile).

We started off with an Argentina salad with roasted peppers, red onion and a tart dressing.
Next we had Empanadas - the filling was great with green olive, beef and egg
Following that we had a stuffed pasta that was ravioli-like filled with a creamy meat filling that just melted in your mouth. Next was the Gaucho Steak, cooked perfectly medium rare and with a chimichurri sauce - So yummy. Desert was a choice of a lemon cake or cappuccino cake. Eh.

The wine wasn't spectacular. I liked the chardonnay we had with the salad and the malbec we had with the empanadas but I could have done without the others.

Not the best wine tasting I've been to at Tina's but a good effort. The food was worth the pricetag but I'm not sure I'll pick up any of those wines.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds FUN! But Chilean wine (red or white) will always give me a headache. One glass, five glasses--always--it's weird.

Food sounds yummy, though.
=)

~KC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home