Monday, March 06, 2006

Tuna Salad?

I've noticed throughout my recipe searches that one of the most varied recipes out there is Tuna Salad. Everyone makes it differently. Some people put apples in it, some put cucumber, some even put sweet pickles (gaw!). My recipe is also not what some would consider normal and I even vary my own recipe from time to time depending on what I have on hand to make it with. Here is the standard recipe I use and a list of various ingredients I change out from time to time. It's great on toast, on regular bread, crackers, on a salad, etc...

Tuna salad

2 cans albacore tuna, drained (I use Star Kist)
1 jar pimiento slices, drained
1 dill pickle, drained and diced fine
1 hard-boiled egg, diced
1 tsp. dried minced onion or fresh grated onion
1 tsp brown mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 Tbsp of mayonnaise to desired consistency

variations: sometimes I add diced red bell pepper, diced celery and maybe a dash of garlic powder.

Makes easy lunch for work wether you put it on some whole wheat bread or on a bed of mixed greens. Nate and Chad like it as tuna melts with sourdough bread and cheddar cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home