Friday, March 03, 2006

Can you flip eggs?

Who doesn't love breakfast?

I was lucky enough to marry a man that used to be a short-order cook, meaning he flipped pancakes and eggs for a good portion of his life while he went to college - anyways... what does that mean for me? The breakfast food lover in me always gets the BEST breakfasts right in my own home.

I can cook. I have grace. I do not have... the ability to flip eggs and I cannot make them over-medium the way that Chad can... but I found a recipe I can make that doesn't involve flipping the over-medium eggs, it just requires a cover and some patience. Who knew? Amy Did.

Huevos Rancheros:

2 eggs, 2 tortillas, enchilada sauce or salsa (I prefer the green enchilada sauce, Chad prefers the red jarred salsa), butter, garnishes.

Heat a skillet, add butter, add tortillas. Top tortillas with sauce, add one egg on top of each tortilla. Cover. Wait a few minutes... and ta da... eggs cooked. Garnish with green onion or cheese or sour cream or avocado or olives or bacon or black beans or pinto beans... you name it.

Now, I enjoy all breakfast foods regardless of whether or not I can flip an egg. I make great frittatas (see prior post), chorizo breakfast burritos, quiche, stuffed french toast, waffles, pancakes, scrambles... omelets I have a hard time with because of the whole flipping thing - but you get the point... I love breakfast and I finally have a recipe to make with my favorite type of egg without the assistance of my husband. YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home